Butterbeer is THE most popular drink in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and you cannot get it anywhere else in the world, except at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter.
Butterbeer has been especially developed by the culinary experts at Universal Orlando Resort, and is described as “reminiscent of shortbread and butterscotch”. The base beverage is very similar to a cream soda, and all of the beverage versions (see below) are topped with a bubbly foam that infuses the beverage with vanilla and butterscotch notes.
At Universal Orlando Resort, Butterbeer is available in 4 versions:
- Cold Butterbeer (similar to a soft drink)
- Frozen Butterbeer (similar to a smoothie)
- Hot Butterbeer (only available during the “winter” months)
- Butterbeer Ice Cream (soft-serve)
Not all locations serve all 4 versions, but for the cold and frozen variety – which are the most popular – there are several spots to buy them in each park.
We have found the shortest lines for Butterbeer can be found as follows:
Inside The Hog’s Head Pub which is attached to the Three Broomsticks sit-down restaurant, but also has its own front entrance so you can just order from the bar and see the Hog’s Head on the wall move and snort while you wait! In Hogsmeade you can only get the cold and frozen varieties of Butterbeer.
The Hopping Pot beverage stand is integrated into the building facades and located at the rear of the Carkitt Market annex of Diagon Alley near where the live stage shows are performed. At this location you can get all 4 varieties of Butterbeer!
Saving on Food & Drink
- Eat light snacks throughout the day versus big sit-down meals
- Consider a kids’ meal option to keep the meal less “heavy” and also cheaper
- Consider a Dining Plan which will earn you a discount on your first meal, and include a snack and beverage for later in the day